Nehirim West Retreat
Nehirim West is back December 11-13, 2015 at Walker Creek Ranch. Stay tuned for rates, schedule, faculty and more!
Nehirim West Gathering is a shabbaton (think “weekend getaway“¬Ě) composed of heartfelt connection, soulful community and spiritual conversation, culture, food, fun for LGBT Jews, partners, and allies.
WHEN? ¬≠¬≠¬≠¬†Friday to Sunday,¬†December 11-13, 2015
WHO? ¬≠¬≠¬≠¬† Nehirim retreats generally attract 60-80 LGBT Jews (plus straight allies and non-Jewish partners) from across the religious-ideological spectrum, ranging in age from 18-70 (usually, most are in their 20s-40s), and with a wide variety of gender and sexual orientation identities.¬≠¬≠¬≠¬†Transgender nice Jewish boys, avowed atheists, couples and¬≠¬≠¬≠¬†singles, men, women, and the rest of us ¬≠¬≠¬≠‚ÄĒ there are people like you at Nehirim!
PARTICIPATE: We are blessed to have Zvi Bellin as our retreat director this year.¬†We‚Äôre coming back to the Bay, gathering in our favorite queer Jewish community for a Chanukah extravaganza retreat. Bring your children, your menorah, your inner light, your Torah teaching and your massage oil to last all weekend as we reconnect in simcha for all our blessings and connect to community for support.
Our Nehirim family has grown and transformed‚ÄĒso much has happened in just a year! Some are in new relationships, children have joined us, some have transitioned, there are new jobs and new retirees, new wardrobes‚Ä¶.
And as our lives turn, so does the world. Let us reconnect and recommit at this Winter Solstice, rededicating ourselves to co-creating a world grounded in love and celebration!
Early Bird-up till June 15
- Dorm (bring your own linens, 4 to a room, bunk beds, bottom bunk, central bath house) $190
- Semi-private-3 to a room, no need to bring linens, twin beds, bathrooms in hallways: $350
- Semi-private-2 to a room no need to bring linens, twin beds, bath in hall) $415
- Single: bath in hall, no need to bring linens: $525
Standard Registration: June 16-December 1
- Dorm (bring your own linens, 4 to a room, bunk beds, bottom bunk, central bath house) $250
- Semi-private-3 to a room, no need to bring linens, twin beds, bathrooms in hallways: $395
- Semi-private-2 to a room no need to bring linens, twin beds, bath in hall) $465
- Single: bath in hall, no need to bring linens: $625
Late Registration: December 2-December 10 (registration closes)
- Dorm (bring your own linens, 4 to a room, bunk beds, bottom bunk, central bath house) $295
- Semi-private-3 to a room, no need to bring linens, twin beds, bathrooms in hallways: $425
- Semi-private-2 to a room no need to bring linens, twin beds, bath in hall) $495
- Single: bath in hall, no need to bring linens: $675
Children, no matter when registered (rates are a pass through of site cost):
- Dorm: $90.
- Semi-private: $125
Financial aid is available! Applications are due by June 15. Please click here for more information!
Friday, December 11
4:00¬†Arrival and check-in at Walker Creek Ranch
4:30¬†Chanukah and Shabbat Candle lighting, Welcome and Opening Circle
5:30¬†Musical Kabbalat Shabbat
6:30 Shabbat Dinner
10:00¬†Tisch ¬≠¬≠¬≠‚ÄĒSinging, learning, stories
Saturday, December 12
8:00¬≠¬≠¬≠ Early morning practices-yoga, meditation, chi gung-led by you!
10:00¬†Prayer services and more
1:30¬†Afternoon Session 1
3:00¬†Afternoon Session 2
4:30¬†Afternoon Session 3
6:00 Mishpacha Groups
8:00¬†Havdalah and Chanukah candle lighting
10:00¬†Campfire, s‚Äômores, and more¬≠¬≠¬≠‚Ä¶
Sunday, December 13
10:30¬†Jewcy group programming
1:00¬†Time to go home (or maybe to lunch in Petaluma)
Dr. Zvi Bellin
Dr. Zvi Bellin¬†is an Assistant Professor ¬†of Holistic Counseling Psychology at John F. Kennedy University, and the Jewish Education Specialist for Moishe House. He¬†directs intimate retreats and workshops for the Jewish community that are both spiritually uplifting and intellectually stimulating. He is an international Jewish educator, a licensed professional counselor, and a teacher of Jewish mindfulness practice. Find out more at¬†www.meaningthroughbeing.com